Friday, October 2, 2009

The re-purpose-driven notecard

Out comes the big bright SAD lamp! It's been a dreary week here in Ithaca, all that I dread about autumn has been out in full force. 42 and raining, no sun at all for 6 days in a row. I really don't want to complain, but weather like this makes me non-functional.

I was taking a walk in the woods today though, dragged myself out of the cozy woodstove-warmed house, and I felt so much better. And my brain turned back on in the fresh air, and all kinds of ideas started flowing. One idea I acted on right away, and here are the results. I have a few small 2009 calendars left, and have started re-purposing the images...cutting up the pages and looking for ways to make things from the art. Today (and shown here) I made blank cards from sheets of luscious tree-free colorful Nepalese paper, and glued the artwork on the fronts...pack them up with some nice brown envelopes, and voila...cool new fancy-schmancy cards to take with me to the farmers' market tomorrow. I made some journals with these images last week too.

Exciting gossip in the neighborhood is that my housemates' birdfeeder was mangled by a bear! I wonder if bears eat chickens? The new hens now have access to the outdoors, but they are being timid and staying in their coop. Smart.

1 comment:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

BEARS? They have been much on my mind lately.....