Thursday, October 21, 2010

From journeys to journals


Alright, enough of this mooning around looking at photos of big mountains! I'm back in Ithaca, and deep in preparations for the Christmas season. Every day I'm spending a few hours creating or packaging cards, prints, journals, boxes, gift cards...getting orders out to stores, reconfiguring my market displays, planning ahead for big seasonal art-and-craft fairs, updating Etsy, cleaning and painting the space where the Holiday Store will open. These journals were made fresh this morning...and if you like one, email me or come to the market this weekend!

Autumn is really here, with a taste of winter. Saw the S-word in the forecast, and right now my woodstove is glowing in the corner of the living room. I find this season before the snow comes to be very challenging, all the dark mornings and damp, chilly days and early evenings.

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I know, the four letter s-word!

BSOB said...

Eeek - no thanks.. the picture of your journals made me think it would make an interesting piece within an art show - like 10-15 journals, or however many you have made, on a board like a mosaic, where people can just buy one right off the wall.. you'd replace it of course, or maybe replace it with something else..? like a same size painting, etc.