Thursday, December 27, 2012

But the fire is so delightful

I have a few odd favorite days of the year.  One of them is the day in the spring when we turn the clocks ahead and suddenly it's light until late.  One of them is New Years Day.  One of them is the day after Christmas, when all the world is sleeping off their excesses and no one expects me to work.  This whole week between Christmas and New Years is my time to rest and celebrate the end of the busy season for another year.  Right now I'm in front of the wood stove, looking out at the beautiful frosted trees decorated by the first snowfall of the season.  The driveway is shoveled, but I don't have to go anywhere.  The cat just weaseled his way onto my lap between me and the computer.  Contemplating a second cup of tea.  I'll be back with you in a few days....

No comments: