Tuesday, June 16, 2009

So much thyme on my hands

I just got the garden weeded yesterday, so here it is.  Please note the gigantic thyme plant in the foreground, it was so tiny last year and now I'm trying to sort out how to divide and conquer it.  Other than thyme, my garden contains: salad mix, swiss chard, various basils, assorted tomatoes (including sungolds and brandywines), a couple kinds of yummy summer squash, sweet bell peppers, nasturtiums, a few kale varieties, and marigolds.  I have some sunflowers started and will plant them soon, once they are too big to be tempting to chipmunks.

All this yard and garden work, no wonder I haven't been inside blogging.  Summer is really coming to Ithaca now.  In my opinion, June is about as beautiful as it gets, warm but not too hot, cool nights, those first swims of the year, early season bike rides.  This makes up for the dismal grey of November just a little.  Strawberries are in season too...

And while I'm on the bucolic theme, here's my chickens in the compost pile too.  They're better than TV, really.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We've just bought a little thyme plant.

It's a pity you can't buy time....

Gary's third pottery blog said...

whoa, those chickens make the BEST eggs...