Friday, January 8, 2010

Get on your boots, yeah

I'm back from Oregon, and seem to still be in the west coast time zone because it's 2:07 AM and I'm still wide awake. Mornings gonna be sleepy and slow. I'd like to let you all know that Harold the rooster is crowing his little male heart out right now. Can someone pleeeeeaase adopt him?

So I freely admit that I've had a crush on Bono since 1987, from the days when I first saw U2 in concert in Rochester, NY on the Joshua Tree tour. Just got two U2 albums I had not heard before, and can't get enough of the tune "Get on your boots." (I tried to put a copy of the video here but can't get the official one to embed, so you'll have to watch it on YouTube). I've been hesitant to listen to these newer albums for fear they wouldn't live up the standards set by their sublime and intelligent early music, but I'm finding that they're pretty darned listenable. This song in particular is making me smile, and appreciate the power that beauty has against darkness.

No comments: