Saturday, March 20, 2010

Outside, inside


I wish I had new paintings to show you today. Instead, I have a photo of a pile of tax calculations and some tired legs from a long walk in the woods.

This has been a beautiful week, full of early spring sunshine and burgeoning energy, and I have been OUTSIDE. I have also been INSIDE, working diligently if grudgingly on my taxes. I revel in self-employment, except for those few weeks in early spring when I deal with the paperwork that goes along with keeping my income legal.

So the administrative side of my art has taken the forefront this week, and it will probably continue like that until the farmers' market starts again on April 3rd. But I have some ideas in mind, and I'm gathering some materials from local woodshops and lumber sources for new paintings. I'm thinking about maps. I'm thinking about etchings. I'm also thinking about learning how to surf (more on that another time). I look forward to long days in the studio in the near future.

Thanks to everyone for the interesting responses to my rebuttal post from last week. A little controversy isn't such a bad thing.

4 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oooof, man, paper work....

Anonymous said...

I am still in Florida until the 30th so I am majorly behind on taxes. Never thought I would say I am jealous that you are getting yours done.

Re: the rebuttal. Everything you said is "right on". I am constantaly amazed at how prolific you are as an artist. Keep at it. I am trying to make a living as an artist and I totally respect what you are doing.

BSOB said...

um, wheres the picture of legs? isnt that what i read before? isnt that what this post is about - or maybe i'm reading into it. probably

BSOB said...

um, wheres the photo of legs? isnt that what this post is about?