Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Baking and biceps


A few years ago I spent a memorable few weeks here at Au Sable working with my dear friend Jean Elizabeth. We were kind of a force to be reckoned with around the saucepans and coffeepots, and coined the phrase "kitchen hotties" to describe ourselves. We were also kind of a comedy team, and I laughed every day to within a whisker of acute embarrassment.

Every year now I work with a different crew, and they all carry on that flame.

After all this talk of baking and biceps, here's me in action with my locally-famous cinnamon rolls. I'm out of practice, since I don't eat that gluten stuff anymore, but my past bakery jobs still have left their mark in my muscle memory.

Tomorrow is the big drive home again. I'm always sad to leave, but after all the travel from this winter I'm ready to be settled at home with just minor camping trips and local adventures for most of the summer. I'm going to shift my mind to making some new paintings for a show at the Kitschen Sink in July.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, we were quite the force - muskrat skins and all.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

GOSH! Coming back already! I bet those rolls will be MISSED. But cannot wait to see you here again :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I will be there to see your show at the Sink.