Thursday, April 1, 2010

This weekend is all begins


There are a few events on the near horizon...

Friday night I am participating in the annual Ithaca Festival Paint-Off, a fun evening in Center Ithaca where several artists gather and have an hour to make a piece of art, which is then raffled and auctioned off to benefit the Ithaca Festival. The audience wanders around snacking and sipping while we paint, and it's a good time. Also on Friday, I'm glazing pots with Gary (I'll make sure my hair looks good, because he'll surely blog it) and checking out Jim Garmheusen's new show downtown at Korova.

Then Saturday is opening day for the Ithaca Farmers' Market! The time has returned to spend my weekends on the waterfront peddling my notecards and etchings and such. Booth 84, please stop in and say hello. The weather is supposed to be divine, like in the high 70's, and I'm eager to see the season get underway.

Otherwise, I'm happy to say that I'm logging studio time this week, I have some interesting jobs on tap and am on the verge of starting some larger paintings in anticipation of my July show at the Kitschen Sink. I also anticipate being able to open windows later today!!

(watercolor of crocus)

No comments: