Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Arty friends


This is just a cool photo, me and my arty friend Ben outside the art museum on our almost-famous trip to Syracuse with my other arty friend Gary (read more here, scroll down and look for the "Mod Squad" entries, which make my life sound sooo interesting)...so I appropriated the photo for my blog too 'cause I like it.

I was thinking the other day how glad I am to have artist friends.  At the farmers' market on Sunday, my booth was between Mike Rubenstein with his amazing abstract tiles and Jenny Pope with her incredible complicated reduction woodcuts, and I had a moment of sheer gratefulness for having a community of artists around me...inspiration, challenge, support, new ideas and approaches.  In celebration, here's one of Ben's paintings (just about life size):


3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

rock on :)
hey, gonna fire up your bowls today!

BSOB said...

it kinda looks like we're hanging out at a skate park

BSOB said...

how bout an ollie -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ollie_(skateboarding_trick)