Saturday, May 23, 2009

Throwing pots, part 2

Here's the end result of my "pot throwing" at Gary's studio a few weeks ago, three pretty blue bowls.  The first one is pretty lumpy, honestly, but ehhh who will notice....I'm very pleased with the results, and love love love the glazes.  Not ready to drop the illustration-and-notecards path in favor of a career in pottery, but I definitely look forward to getting my hands in some clay again soon.

I made an accidently super hot curry last night, an intriguing recipe which includes a few cups of strong Lapsang Souchong tea.  I followed the recipe....but "two fresh green chilis" was a bit much when those peppers are serranos, oops.  Next time I'll make it with perhaps one tiny jalepeno, and serve it in these bowls.

1 comment:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

That stuff turned the bowls red hot, huh? ;-0